Clearing Dynamic FMX listview bitmaps from memory

  

I recently started working with dynamic listview items. It’s great except for when I try to add and clear items with bitmaps. I have a listview where I add items and download the image into a memstream and assign it to the bitmap of the dynamic listview item. This works except for when I go and clear all the items with lv.items.clear it does not get removed from memory.
The memory just keeps rising even though I clear the old items. Is there a ways to clear all the bitmaps?
Basically what happens is:

Populate dynamic listview with 10 items. Add data and bitmaps.
Look at memory. Went up with 2 megabytes.
Clear the listview with lv.items.clear.
Look at memory. No change?
Repeat and the memory just goes up and up.

I have tried looping through all the listview items and setting each bitmap to nil but no result in any memory change. I also tried freeing each item by looping through it but it just crashes the app.
Should I be clearing all the items or bitmaps in a way? If so how can I go about doing that?
Here’s how I’m loading all of the items:
procedure TPluginInstaller.Load;
begin
with frmMain.framePluginManager do
begin
TThread.CreateAnonymousThread(
procedure
begin
var restClient := TRESTClient.Create(nil);
var restRequest := TRESTRequest.Create(nil);
var restResponse := TRESTResponse.Create(nil);
try
restRequest.Client := restClient;
restRequest.Response := restResponse;

restClient.BaseURL := BASE_URL;
restClient.UserAgent := APP_USERAGENT;
restRequest.AddParameter(‘query’, fQuery);
restRequest.AddParameter(‘page’, fPage.ToString);
restRequest.AddParameter(‘sort’, SortBy[fSort]);

if fSort = 0 then
restRequest.AddParameter(‘sortdir’, ‘asc’)
else
restRequest.AddParameter(‘sortdir’, ‘desc’);

restRequest.AddParameter(‘categories[]’, ‘rust’);

restRequest.Execute;

var jdata := restResponse.JSONValue;

fLastPage := jdata.GetValue<Integer>(‘last_page’, 1);
fPage := jdata.GetValue<Integer>(‘current_page’, 1);

TThread.Synchronize(nil,
procedure
begin
spnedtPage.Max := fLastPage;
spnedtPage.Value := fPage;
lblPageMax.Text := ‘ of ‘ + fLastPage.ToString;

lvPluginInstaller.BeginUpdate;
try
lvPluginInstaller.Items.Clear;

for var jplugins in (jdata.FindValue(‘data’) as TJSONArray) do
begin
var aItem := lvPluginInstaller.Items.Add;

var aIcon := aItem.Objects.FindObjectT<TListItemImage>(‘Icon’);
var aDownloadsIcon := aItem.Objects.FindObjectT<TListItemImage>(‘DownloadsIcon’);
var aVersionIcon := aItem.Objects.FindObjectT<TListItemImage>(‘VersionIcon’);
var aAuthorIcon := aItem.Objects.FindObjectT<TListItemImage>(‘AuthorIcon’);
var aUpdatedIcon := aItem.Objects.FindObjectT<TListItemImage>(‘UpdatedIcon’);

var aTitle := aItem.Objects.FindObjectT<TListItemText>(‘Title’);
var aDescription := aItem.Objects.FindObjectT<TListItemText>(‘Description’);
var aVersion := aItem.Objects.FindObjectT<TListItemText>(‘Version’);
var aDownloads := aItem.Objects.FindObjectT<TListItemText>(‘Downloads’);
var aAuthor := aItem.Objects.FindObjectT<TListItemText>(‘Author’);
var aURL := aItem.Objects.FindObjectT<TListItemText>(‘URL’);
var aUpdated := aItem.Objects.FindObjectT<TListItemText>(‘Updated’);

GetIcon(jplugins.GetValue<string>(‘icon_url’).Trim, aIcon);

aDownloadsIcon.ImageIndex := 0;
aVersionIcon.ImageIndex := 1;
aAuthorIcon.ImageIndex := 2;
aUpdatedIcon.ImageIndex := 4;

aTitle.Text := jplugins.GetValue<string>(‘title’, ‘Unknown Plugin Title’);
aDescription.Text := jplugins.GetValue<string>(‘description’, ‘Unknown Plugin Description’);
aVersion.Text := jplugins.GetValue<string>(‘latest_release_version_formatted’, ‘Unknown Version’);
aDownloads.Text := jplugins.GetValue<string>(‘downloads_shortened’, ‘Unknown Downloads’);
aAuthor.Text := jplugins.GetValue<string>(‘author’, ‘Unknown Author’);
aURL.Text := jplugins.GetValue<string>(‘json_url’, ‘Unknown URL’);
aUpdated.Text := jplugins.GetValue<string>(‘latest_release_at’, ‘Unknown’);
end;
finally
lvPluginInstaller.EndUpdate;
end;
end);

finally
restResponse.Free;
restRequest.Free;
restClient.Free;
end;
end).Start;
end;
end;

Loading bitmaps from url:
procedure TPluginInstaller.GetIcon(const aURL: string; aIcon: TListItemImage);
begin
if aURL = ” then
begin
aIcon.ImageIndex := 3;
Exit;
end;

TThread.CreateAnonymousThread(
procedure
begin
var imgStream := TMemoryStream.Create;
try
TDownloadURL.DownloadRawBytes(aURL, imgStream);

TThread.Synchronize(nil,
procedure
begin
aIcon.Bitmap := TBitmap.CreateFromStream(imgStream);
end);

finally
imgStream.Free;
end;
end).Start;
end;

Comments are closed.